Thursday, June 18, 2009

Money Tree Anyone?

Really, we could use a money tree!! So send a seedling our way if you've got a spare. Recently in one day, we brought home a car, a shower and a new washing machine. We'd prefer not buy any of those things, but that's just the season of life sometimes.

The old Buick saw its days end when repairs for a fender bender were too costly to rationalize fixing an 11 year old car. So we brought home a 2001 Taurus SEL. We couldn't pass it up for the price and it's fun to drive and I finally get a moon roof!!


Just like the tile tub surround we had to replace upstairs because the grout had become absorbent, the basement shower was having the same issues. So back to Home Depot to take care of that.










I haven't been too motivated to get it done as you can see in this photo. A cool bonus...when I tore out the shower I found an 18" wide by 48" deep space that had been sheetrocked over. The area it's next to is a small future storage room. I just found a place for a dozen or so more boxes!!

Our washing machine had been acting up before the move. The move finished it off. Kristin was excited when our new, 4.0 cu ft. washing machine was plenty big to put Tim and Michael's comforters in at the same time and what used to be three loads can be done in two!!!

...and as I'm posting it, Kristin says sadly...but this was going to be another gadget posting :(

So let's call this GADGET #3 (I hope that covers that!)

-Kraig

No comments: