Saturday, June 20, 2009

Great Gadgets #4

When Kraig's parents gave us some money for Christmas, one of the things we thought about right away was a getting a GPS. With moving to a big city in a new state, we knew we'd get lost without it. It has taken me a little time to get used to because I still want to lean on my old paper maps and sometimes they don't tell me the same "best" route, but it would be hard to give up the luxury now that we have it! One of my favorite features is searching: finding parking ramps, fast food restaurants and gas stations. Someday I'll probably forget how to read a map... ~Kristin

2 comments:

Gina said...

Of course, since you live in Ohio now, they're parking GARAGES, not ramps. :-)

Karen, author of "My Funny Dad, Harry" said...

Gerard got me a GPS for Christmas and I love it. I get lost with MapQuest but really have confidence in the GPS. Haven't really used it to find places of interest nearby though but it sure is a great gadget!