Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring into Spring

Okay, so I said I'd put on a post a couple of times a week and it's been nearly a month!! Sometimes I can't believe how time gets away from me. Here are some things that our family has been doing this Spring...

Kraig is coaching Michael's soccer team. Practices are Monday and Thursday with games on Saturday, so it takes up some of their time but they seem to love it. Thanks to all the rain we've had, several practices and games have been cancelled, but Kraig's says it's his best team yet.

Tim is also playing soccer - this year in a different league. They've only gotten 2 or 3 practices in, but have games on Mondays and Thursdays (yes, that's the night of the other guys' practices). Their record is 3-1-2, which is a BIG deal for Tim since his football team didn't even get a touchdown all season and his basketball team only won 2 games. Tim even scored the first 2 goals for his team this season.

My parents took the boys to the circus.

Michael had a band and choir concert at East Middle where he'll be attending in the Fall. No elementary kids in this house next year!

Tim had honor band, honor choir and jazz band concerts. This Monday is his men's choir/7th grade choir concert at a local college.

Michael had a field trip to our art center.

We attended a show choir performance at our Orpheum Theatre and saw several local high school's perform. They are amazing! Tim's considering it in a few years. Yes - we've attended quite a few concerts this past month!

I volunteered at our 3rd and final marriage retreat of the Spring (and the 2nd that was just a few weeks before that). It's an overnight at a lodge nearly an hour North of us. Having even a small part in helping couples have a wonderful marriage together in Christ is one of the things I most enjoy.

I called 911 to help a friend who was driving his wife and me to the marriage retreat. God helped him get just off the highway before he collapsed (he doesn't even remember stopping the truck). By the time the ambulance finally arrived 10 minutes later he was awake and starting to talk with us. Fortunately it was a reaction to some medication he'd taken that morning and not a heart attack. It was definitely one of the scariest moments of my life, but I know God protected ALL 3 of us that morning.

I spent 24 hours scrapbooking in 2 days at a nearby church. I did over 1 album!

We watched all the episodes of American Idol on TiVo and parts of numerous Twins games.

Tim spent an overnight at Northwestern College in Orange City - an hour away - with his LUG (his small group at church). His leader, Bob, is a student there. So our middle school director, Jim, and the boys all stayed at Bob's dorm. Jim got sick and ended up sleeping most of the night, but the rest of the boys hardly slept. Tim thought he got about 15 minutes. They played basketball and soccer in the middle of the night and went to a local Dutch bakery at 4 AM and got donuts! I don't think Tim will ever forget that night.

We babysat our friends' 1 month old son and 2 1/2 year old daughter one evening.

My parents and Kraig's parents each visited for a weekend. This Sunday my brother's family is coming for only the 2nd time since we moved here. We can't wait to see them!

Tim went to his first PG-13 movie at the mall with some friends.

Kraig has already biked over 100 miles this Spring and even blew a tire (it was of course a brand new tire).

Michael passed his Grandma Judy in height!

So what will our next month bring?

-Kristin

1 comment:

Jim Ellis said...

I am guessing michael will soon be passing me in height...

:)