
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We dashed off to MN Thursday night through Saturday night. Friday morning I tried to put together the best crepe breakfast ever for Kristin's mom's birthday...I think it turned out pretty well by her reaction (yeah!!)
Kristin's dad put a big to-do together than turned into an awesome family reunion/tailgating at a St. Paul Saints game Friday night. What a fun and crazy atmosphere. There were thousands of people camped out behind their cars with chairs, grills and food. We hung out in a grassy area next to the parking lot...added a couple of canopy tents and 34 people from Kristin's family had a great time eating, talking, playing catch, ladder ball, etc.
The game saw over 9,000 people attend - 2nd largest ever. Crazy stuff - they had a guy sort of hanging in a harness on the right field wall for seven innings- I guess he won stuff. Another guy ran around wearing seventies athletic wear and called himself "super fan" - he was the constant cheerleader...really good at keeping us entertained. Of course crazy on field games that I'd never seen between half innings and the pig (their mascot) made many appearances - oh yea, the saints lost - we don't like the saints since they keep beating up on our Explorers. Finally it was 30 minutes of some of the finest fireworks ever!!!
We shared a hotel room with Kristin's parents - it worked fine...nice and cozy. Then we ran up to Blaine for my niece's (Ellie - Kurt and Stacy's) 2nd birthday party - and yes, she's a definite cutie. Then we started the 5-hour, gas-guzzling trip home about 6:00 so I could get a bit of sleep before getting up to get back to church and lead worship this morning.
A great summer weekend!!!
-Kraig
No comments:
Post a Comment