Thursday, July 10, 2008

Leaving them all alone

So we're leaving for a quick family-reunion camping get-away in Cokato, MN Friday morning to get some long-awaited hang-time with my mom's side of the family. I'm really excited to go and see that fun group of people...but something is just kind of gnawing at me. As I'm getting things finalized at church, I can't get over this sort of worried feeling that I'm forgetting something, or that something might go wrong...or that I didn't get things prepared enough for the tech and worship teams. I checked my lists and maybe left too many notes for tech guys, etc. It feels like I'm leaving the kids home alone for the first time.

Well, it hit me, this is the first time I haven't been at church on a Sunday since our video venue opened on March 9. So, hopefully all goes well with the "kids". I know we've got great people leading worship and taking care of tech. It'll be a great Sunday at Sunnybrook...it's really not about me anyway isn't it...and they really don't need me to make it happen...so, off we go!!!!

-Kraig

No comments: