As I catch up on our blog, it is past time to post a picture from Tim's birthday, which was 3 1/2 weeks ago. It was quite a day with Tim's band and choir contests that morning and a large connection ministry event at church that evening. In between we squeezed some time for a late lunch at the Boneyard, Tim's choice. He opened presents there - nerf guns, itunes card, clothes, a DVD, and a game we played in MN over Christmas called Word on the Street.Our family has had so much going on lately, and we'd been trying to be very conservative with eating out, so it was a nice treat to go out and spend that time together talking. After dinner Kraig headed to church, and I dropped Tim off at the mall before church. Tim played mini golf with several friends that afternoon and then hung out at a friends' house. I think he had a great birthday!
As I mentioned when Michael turned 13, it's amazing to me how quickly time goes. Tim is 15! Wow. Wasn't it just yesterday he was a baby falling asleep in my arms while we sat in the rocking chair? As a toddler he'd ask almost every morning when he woke up where we were going. If I told him we'd stay home that day, he asked who was coming over! He was quite a social bug.
Over the years he's become a little shy because of moving/switching schools, but he still loves to be with others. He doesn't spend time in his room unless he needs total quiet to read for Literature class or sleeping. Instead he hangs out with Michael, mom and dad (we LOVE that he still does) or more and more, with friends. Since the move here he has several different groups of friends - church, soccer teammates, bandos, etc. Over the past 2 weekends Tim's been bowling, to the movies, out to eat, played dodgeball, and volunteered at a Powerlifting competition all day Saturday at church. I have DEFINITELY become a chauffeur. In Iowa he could have his license, but here it won't be until Sept. that he gets his "temps" then another year after that before his license.
Tim's most recent news is his first girlfriend, Brittany. Last Friday night she joined our family for the evening to the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" (which was Michael's very belated birthday family activity) and dinner at Applebees (thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Kearin's Valentine gift). She's a very sweet girl Tim met at church. They spend a lot of time texting! We are looking forward to getting to know her better. They don't go to the same high school, but see each other at church on Sundays plus Wednesday evenings a little.
One of the things I love about Tim is his sense of humor. He can easily make me laugh! He uses the funniest voices sometimes and has very quick wit. He's considerate and friendly to others, and works hard at school (most of the time!), which has gotten him into several enriched/gifted classes. Over the past several months he's become very helpful at home with chores and the basement project. And recently he's been playing piano more often, teaching himself songs like "Who Am I?" by Casting Crowns. I love hearing the music. Happy belated birthday, Tim! I love you! - Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment