Tuesday, February 9, 2010

the week's adventures

Last Wednesday was Michael's 13th birthday and the poor guy spent the day home sick. I didn't have the heart to leave him home alone, so I took a personal day from work. We both took a long nap and watched Star Wars Episode IV in the morning, Episode V in the afternoon, and Episode VI in the evening after I took Tim to church. Those are the old ones that first came out in the 70's. Hopefully that made up for feeling icky on his birthday!

After Kraig and Tim got back from church that evening, we asked Michael about celebrating with his cookie cake (which he'd requested a few days earlier instead of his typical banana cake). He asked if we could wait until Thursday instead, so that was when he finally had candles lit for his birthday!

Michael felt better Thursday and went to school, but spent 5 hours catching up with homework that night. Then Friday morning he had a very upset stomach and stayed home again (this time with Kraig). Maybe this weekend we'll do something special as a family for his birthday.

Something else we've been up to is figuring out our computer, which got a virus/worm last week. I finally got the last step done tonight to fix it. It had attacked our internet so we couldn't get online to do an update to get rid of it. Tricky!

Tomorrow I'll blog about our church's visitor this past weekend.

Yeah to the Saints for winning the Super Bowl - even if they beat the Vikings. It should have been us! Maybe next year? And the Twins have been busy during the offseason and seem to be setting us up for a great summer!

No comments: