Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day


The boys and I have been blessed with a day home today since both our schools are closed due to a snowstorm. There's a slight possibility of another 1/2 foot today from lake effect snow (from Lake Erie) on top of the snow you can see accumulated in the pictures. This gave me the opportunity to sleep late and get caught up with things at home, so I love it! We were "dumped on" Monday and most schools around us should have closed, but didn't. That probably influenced the decision to close today. Last night it took me 35 minutes to get home rather than the normal 15, so I'm grateful to stay put today.

We had a wonderful Christmas and hope all of you did as well! I'll blog pictures over the next several days so you can see some of our activities here at home on Christmas Eve and our 9 day trip to MN. We arrived home last Saturday night after only 13 hours driving (the shortest drive yet). Our new EZ Pass saved a lot of time on the tolls between here and WI! By the way - it was 21 below zero AIR temperature when we left MN Saturday morning...it took 2 1/2 hours of driving before we were warm enough to even take our gloves off in the van! Yeah for warm 20 degree temps in OH!

No comments: