Saturday, January 23, 2010

basement remodel update #3

A lot has been accomplished this week in our basement. Each night after work I get a tour to see the changes!

Here's the dump truck Ray loaned us to haul away the cement wall and some old sheetrock that was removed.
This is one side of the long rec room with the stained baseboards lined up on the floor...
(Thanks to Grandma the doors are the only things left to stain and the areas have been kept organized and swept while the guys make the mess! Plus she has been doing the cooking while I've been working).
The same room looking from the other direction
Sheetrock (drywall) is going up! I'm not sure how they all fit into such a small area to work together...
yeah for Kraig's helpers!
Putting joint compound on the sheetrock (or as we say... "mudding")
I just took these last 3 pictures so this is what it looks like this afternoon:
the rec room...
the rec room from the other side...
Part of the new family room - it's fairly good sized with the block wall taken out in the middle but hard to tell with the pile of stuff in the center of the room...
Today they are finishing the framing around some pipes and other areas that are "putsy" plus getting sheetrock on the bedroom ceiling and other smaller areas near the bathroom. By tomorrow or Monday the sanding will be creating the lovely sheetrock/joint compound dust all over! Thankfully Kraig's parents may stay until Thursday to help get much of the project done. I'm amazed at how quickly it has progressed! Carpet within a month???

No comments: