Saturday, March 14, 2009

my thoughts

Today has been a relaxing and reflective day with not much preplanned, so I will share some of my thoughts and feelings this evening...

~love my family and hanging out with them today...playing sequence...taking the boys to soccer team pictures... watching basketball on tv... knowing Kraig had a good monthly deacon/staff meeting this morning... walking around the neighborhood with Kraig this afternoon in the beautiful weather... listening while Kraig and Tim make chicken wings (with BWW sauce) as I write this...looking forward to a home movie night
~concerned about Dad's oncology appointment for his prostate cancer this Monday... the day after Christmas we found out his PSA had gone up so they added steroids and hope the new tests show it has worked so he won't need chemo
~proud of Tim and Michael with how they have adjusted to so many changes in their lives recently
~sad to travel to IL with my parents in a couple of weeks to go through Grandma Dee's belongings and then to MN for her memorial service
~learning more about Christ every day as I read through the Gospel of Luke for the Beth Moore 'Jesus The One and Only' ladies' study at church
~happy to prepare for a wonderful family camping vacation this summer to Washington DC and Williamsburg, Virginia
~grateful for a new church where Kraig is using his gifts again
~content with being a stay at home mom til Fall rather than dividing myself between work and home
~miss my family... and friends scattered in several states and even the island of St. Kitts... wish I kept in touch more
~peaceful that Cleveland is where God has placed our family
~enjoy supporting my 3 guys by cooking better meals, helping with homework, listening about their day...
~eager for company over the next 6 weeks... my parents... Melody and kids... Kraig's parents
~hopeful that my Grandma K. recovers well after breaking her ankle in January and her hip a few weeks ago and my great uncle after surgery to remove a tumor
~looking forward to Tim's first track meet (ever) and the boys first soccer game being on the same team
~grateful to my cousin and brother for supporting our parents and aunt and uncle by devoting so much time handling our late grandma's finances and trust
~pleased to feel at home so quickly in our new place in a new city
~excited to spend a few days in Chicago next month with Kraig at a NAB (North American Baptist) new pastor conference
~joyful that no matter where I live, what I am doing, or what I am going through that God is with me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Kristin:) It brought tears to my eyes, miss you bunches!!! Not the same without you. I am glad to hear things are overall going well for all of you. God knows what He is doing:) Take care, amy