Monday, September 1, 2008
That Hurts!!!
Can you believe it? Our first soccer game and it felt like we were playing some 8th grade giants (well, a few of them were). I was really proud of our kids, however. Our team has 10 players, mainly 6th and 7th graders, and is playing 8 v 8, so we've got two subs. We held a ferocious team to 2 goals for most of the first half. Then it happened. I really big kid, with a huge leg blasted a tremendous shot at our goalie. He jumped as high as he could and deflected the high shot over the goal. Only one problem...he broke his wrist in the process. Yup, the rocket shot put so much for on his hand and wrist, it actually broke (small crack). I felt so bad. He's a great kid, and a great player. His mom is the one who asked if I would coach our kids this year. We ended up losing the game 6-2. I was proud of the kids. They played hard, worked as a team and had a lot of fun. But for our goalie, it hurt...no more soccer 'til Spring. -Kraig
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment