Tuesday, September 23, 2008

my boys

I try to avoid bragging on our blog, but consider this one for the grandparents! I just can't help it.

At Tim's first football game a week ago as he was starting at nose tackle, he blocked 2 extra points, almost caused a quarterback fumble (the refs called it an incomplete pass) and hurried the quarterback several times. The offensive line even started double teaming him. The coaches gave Tim and 1 other kid a special sticker for their helmet for best players! Yeah, Tim! I started editing a video from that first game - hopefully I'll get it finished and post it later. We have video from the second game with 2 (both bigger than Tim) guys on him. The coaches then moved him to outside linebacker for part of the game. Last night Tim found out that he'll start on both the offensive and defensive line as well as special teams for this Saturday's game. It's weird to see him on the line, even though he's 5'9", he seems too thin for that...but he's gettin' the job done!

Michael has very quickly adjusted to middle school. I had to start TEASING him about needing to work harder and that he must not be doing his best because he's already gotten about a dozen 100% on tests. Last night he mentioned that he has 97 - 99% in several of his classes right now. Since conferences are in 2 weeks, he really better step it up!!!

I'm so proud of the boys! Ok - I'm done bragging now!
~kristin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

notice how she was so busy bragging about me (& Michael) she left out dad. He must not have done anything worth bragging about.

~Tim

Anderson Family said...

actually it was 98% and 99% -michael