Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fresh New CD From Tomlin

I must say, I surprisingly wasn't all that excited for Chris Tomlin's new CD, "All About Love" to come out this past week. But I bought it anyway. I was expecting something a bit formulaic that I'd heard before.

To my surprise, it is filled with many very fresh songs that may become real gems. It's a CD that uses some very refreshing treatments of old hymns that are just incredibly powerful along with several very strong originals. Last week, I spent time just soaking in, and worshipping through his arrangement of "All The Way My Shepard Leads me". The song was first published in 1875, but it's so perfect in current times the lyric could have been written this morning. Tomlin has released an outstanding new worship CD that I recommend to anyone who wants to connect with Christ in worship! Check out this video link to hear the story behind the first single from this recording, "Jesus Messiah".

No comments: