Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The sports season has begun

We are back from vacations, hit the ground running and, oh yeah, we need to blog!!!! We had a great time in KC and Branson...Twins games (KC), Silver Dollar City, watching Olympics (I know most of you did that without vacationing) and a lot of great R & R.

When we got back, I was greeted to a phone message from a parent asking me to coach our boy's soccer team again this year. Michael switched leagues and now plays U14. I had decided not to coach in this league. I thought the kids should have someone who really knew soccer at this age - hey, I just know how to coach runners and musicians. Well, I said yes. I really enjoy it. Jim, our MS youth guy at church played in college, said he'd give me a few tips. So, I've moved up a level. We should have a very good team...fast guys who can handle the ball well! Our first game is Thursday...we'll see how it goes.

As we all know...if the team wins it's because of great players. If the team loses, it's bad coaching!
-Kraig

No comments: