Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Get-Away With God

Yesterday, I had a scheduled block of time to get out of the office, take my Bible and to get out in the woods. It was one of those absolutely incredible times to meet with God. I headed out to Dorthy Pecaut Nature Center. I just walked through the woods, talked with God, read scripture and intermittently listened to some fantastic music that really spoke to me on this day. It was so beautiful...so peaceful. To get away from anything that rings or talks to you or wants input was fantastic. It's so much easier to hear that still small voice from God when the roar of the modern world is muted!

At one point, I was sitting on a bench when a deer ran right by me to my left, stopped about 30 yards away and stared at me. Then a second came running and stopped about 20 yard right in front of me and also stared at me. I think that lasted about 45 seconds...which seems like a LONG time when being stared at by a good sized animal!

So, God was there, I was listening, and we did some pretty incredible communicating. It's amazing how much God loves me...all of us...often despite who we are!!!

-Kraig

No comments: