Thursday, May 6, 2010

Another day with my parents

I got to spend a second consecutive day with just my parents when they were visiting us in OH. What a blessing. These two days turned into a couple of the most special days I've had with my parents that I remember. It was just us, nature and great conversation enjoying time with each other and enjoying who we'd each become. The day started with a testosterone building stop at Lowe's to get some lumber to build new steps down to our patio from the house.

Then it was off to Nature Realm which is part of Furnace Run in the Summit Park (Metropark) system just North of Akron (about 20 minutes Southeast of our home). They have a completely re-done nature center, and many trails featuring paver stones.

This is right outside the nature center. Let's just call it my "prove I was there" picture.
Another stop that day was to see the Great Blue Heron Nests right off of bath road in Cuyahoga National Park. There are literally hundreds of these huge birds nesting in trees in this area. They stand 4 feet tall and have a wing span of 7 feet. It's crazy to see these huge birds land in nests in trees
We felt some hunger pains and saw this place with outdoor seating called Fisher's Cafe and Pub. The salad I had was amazing (yes, I said that about salad) and the weather was perfect!
OK...just random pictures of a fantastic couple who love each other and have such a fun time together...this one is walking up the hill above Blue Hen Falls.
One of the small ponds near Nature Realm. There were a whole lot of small fish and a few huge bass and carp you could clearly see. It was fun to see 'em swimming around.
-Kraig

No comments: