Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kraig's First Post

Yes, I am part of this family too and now part of this blog. I just got through one of those great "guy" moments. After 10 amazing years together, it was time to part ways with my steady old grill. There just wasn't enough left in her to warrant replacing the burner for the 4th time...so I did it...the old grill has stepped aside for a brand new heat-blasting 42,000 BTU, three-burner grill complete with the side-burner for those perfect cooked onions (it was a beautiful, "tool-time" moment).

Yes, I could have had the store assemble it for free. But no, this was a guy moment, I had to assemble every one of the 5-trillion screws, washers and assortment of pre-fabricated parts with my own hands turning my own tools. Two hours after opening the mammoth box in the middle of the dining room, there sat the hand-built shimmering grill in a ray of grandeur. I couldn't wait to get it outside...I turned burner one to pre-heat and quickly depressed the sure spark ignition just to see what would happen...and...and...no, of course I didn't...the propane was still on the old grill outside. But I did eventually pull it through the sliding door, hook up the propane, cooked the first meal...a batch of perfect Johnsonville Cheddarworst. Just the right meat for lots of dripping to season that new man-grill. Meal number two...perfect, thick-cut pork chops seasoned just right. Yes, it was a guy moment. My new grill is ready for the season!!

--Kraig

1 comment:

Anderson Family said...

it's about time you post something on our blog!!! -Kristin